Fractional CO2 laser is a type of skin rejuvenation treatment that uses a carbon dioxide laser to create small areas of damage in the skin, benefiting collagen production and cell regeneration.
The name “fractional CO2 laser” refers to the technology used in the treatment. The term “CO2” refers to carbon dioxide, which is the gas used in the laser. The term “fractional” refers to the fact that the laser emits pulses of light on a fraction of the surface of the treated skin, rather than treating the entire skin at once.
Fractionation allows healthy skin to quickly surround and heal laser-treated areas, helping to reduce recovery time and minimize side effects.
Benefits of fractional CO2 laser
Some of the benefits that can be obtained with this treatment are:
- Reduced Wrinkles and Fine Lines: Fractional CO2 laser stimulates collagen production, which can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Improving skin texture: By stimulating collagen production and cell regeneration, fractional CO2 laser can improve skin texture, making it smoother and more even.
- Reduction of age spots and scars: Fractional CO2 laser can reduce the appearance of age spots and scars by stimulating collagen production and cell regeneration.
- Stimulation of collagen production: Fractional CO2 laser stimulates collagen production, which can improve skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of pores.
- Long-lasting results: Fractional CO2 laser results can last for several years if you follow your doctor’s recommendations and take proper care of your skin after treatment.
It is important to note that the fractional CO2 laser is not suitable for everyone and may have minimal side effects, such as temporary redness, swelling, and peeling of the skin.
Is it safe for all skin types?
The fractional CO2 laser can be used on different skin types, but it is important that the person undergoing the treatment be evaluated by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon such as Dr. María Fernanda Benavides to determine if you are a suitable candidate for the treatment.
. You no longer have to worry about the signs of aging, today there are safe and non-invasive treatments such as the fractional CO2 laser to help you regain the harmony of your body. Get in touch with us and learn more about this revolutionary technique.