CO2 laser is a type of aesthetic treatment that uses a carbon dioxide laser to treat various skin problems on the face, such as wrinkles, blemishes, acne scars, surgical scars, and other blemishes.
This CO2 laser works by emitting pulses of laser light into the skin, causing the removal of the outer layers and stimulating collagen production in the underlying skin. This causes the skin to regenerate and become firmer, smoother and more youthful.
Some of the CO2 laser applications on the face include:
- Wrinkle and Fine Line Treatment: It can significantly reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the face, stimulating collagen production and removing the outer layers of the skin.
- Removal of skin spots: It can reduce the appearance of skin spots, including sun spots, age spots and acne spots.
- Scar Treatment: Can improve the appearance of scars, including acne scars, surgical scars, and traumatic scars.
- Large Pore Treatment: .May reduce the appearance of large pores, thereby improving the overall texture of the skin.
- Treatment of warts and other skin growths: The CO2 laser can also be used to treat warts and other skin growths, such as benign skin lesions.
How does the CO2 laser stimulate collagen production?
This stimulates the production of collagen in the skin through a process called neocollagenesis. The laser emits high-energy light that penetrates the deep layers of the skin, creating small areas of controlled damage. This damage stimulates the body’s natural response to heal and repair damaged tissue.
During the healing phase, cells called fibroblasts begin to produce new collagen, elastin, and other extracellular matrix components. These new components help rejuvenate the treated skin, making it firmer, smoother and younger.
In addition to stimulating collagen production, the CO2 laser also promotes the remodeling of existing collagen fibers. Old, damaged collagen is replaced by new, healthy collagen, improving the structure and elasticity of the skin.
It is important to note that collagen production does not occur immediately after CO2 laser treatment. The neocollagenesis process may take several weeks or even months to complete, depending on the depth and intensity of the treatment.
Today there are highly effective and minimally invasive treatments to treat the signs of aging and aging. At Benavides Aesthetic Medicine we have the perfect treatment for you. Contact us to recover the beauty and harmony of your body