Preserving the beauty and youth of your face is possible thanks to facial rejuvenation with hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a molecule that occurs naturally in our body in the skin, joints and eyes. The water retention capacity of hyaluronic acid provides the skin with hydration, softness and elasticity.
With age, its concentration decreases, causing dryness and sagging of the skin and the appearance of lines and loss of volume. In aesthetic medicine, facial rejuvenation with hyaluronic acid is performed to hydrate the skin, fill in expression lines (between the eyebrows, nasolabial lines, folds), erase wrinkles and enhance the volume of the face.
How hyaluronic acid injections are performed
After listening to your expectations about facial rejuvenation with hyaluronic acid and a detailed analysis of the expressive features of your face, Dr. María Fernanda Benavideswill explain the procedure to you and schedule it.
The facial rejuvenation procedure with hyaluronic acid is simple: a series of injections are made at the level of wrinkles, lines or sunken areas using a fine needle or cannula.
Areas frequently treated with hyaluronic acid
- Lines on the lower part of the forehead: expression lines (can be combined with a botulinum toxin injection).
- Fine lines around the mouth.
- The lips.
- To fill in subcutaneous volume: cheekbones, cheeks, face contour, hollow temples, tear ducts and as a treatment for dark circles, chin and jaw contour.
Recommendations before a hyaluronic acid injection
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatories or aspirin for 10 days beforehand.
- On the day of the procedure, avoid sports and sun exposure.
- It is not necessary to fast, it is even recommended to eat well.
- A local anesthetic cream may be applied to the areas to be injected one hour before the procedure.
- For a better analysis of the face, take a photograph of yourself between 20 and 25 years old.
Recommendations after the session
- You just need to avoid taking aspirin and anti-inflammatories for 5 days after the injections.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and extreme sun exposure for 24 hours after the injection.
Results of facial rejuvenation with hyaluronic acid
The results of facial rejuvenation with hyalurponic acid are immediately evident and the effect is as natural as possible to preserve the harmony of facial expression. Hyaluronic acid is a resorbable product so its effect is temporary and disappears after 6 to 12 months.
At Medicina Estética Benavides we are your allies for facial rejuvenation processes in Bogotá, which manage to preserve the harmony and youth of your body. Contact us to tell you how we can restore youth to your skin.